Ms. Roberta Gomez
Ms. Gomez was born and raised in the Inland Empire. Prior to coming to All Souls, she worked for four years with children, adolescents, and adults who had been impacted by trauma. Ms. Gomez’s experience in different counseling settings, including schools, has further helped her understand the kinds of emotional barriers that impeded learning, as well as the support structures needed to ensure success at school. Ms. Gomez has traveled through Mexico and Guatemala in efforts to learn the Spanish language.
• M.S., Counseling Psychology, Mount St. Mary’s University
• B.S., Business Administration, emphasis in Accounting, University of California, Riverside
Dr. Gloria Gonzalez
Reading Specialist, Dual Language Mentor
Gonzalez is a bilingual reading specialist with over 17 years of K-5 classroom experience. Along with working on research in vocabulary development, Mrs. Gonzalez has been a literacy coach and staff developer in Massachusetts, Maryland, New Mexico, and California. Her work includes research in bilingualism, reading development, and classroom lessons that integrate content areas to the Common Core Standards.
• Ed.D., Bilingual Curriculum and Instruction, University of Southern California
• M.Ed., Reading Specialist Certification, Harvard University
• B.A., Liberal Studies, Mount St. Mary’s University
• CA Multiple Subject Teaching Certification and Language Acquisition Development Certification
• CA Administrative Credential, Tier I
Mrs. Myriam Quintanilla
Dual Language Implementation Specialist, Archdiocese of Los Angeles
Mrs. Quintanilla was born in El Salvador and enjoys traveling with her family. Both her and her husband are educators and are parents to two beautiful girls, one which will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. Mrs. Quintanilla fell in love with teaching over sixteen years ago and has had the opportunity to teach in public, private, and rural communities not only in the US but also abroad.
• M.A., Language Acquisition, Cal State Long Beach
• B.A. Liberal Studies- Emphasis in Spanish
• BCLAD Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
Ms. Xochitl Cruz
Panther Care TK/K Coordinator, Art Teacher Assistant
Ms. Cruz was born and raised in the San Gabriel Valley. She graduated from All Souls in 1994 and returned in 2012 to help start the new dual language immersion program. She recently completed her studies in early childhood education. She enjoys volunteering for the Pasadena Salvation Army, working with the homeless, caring for the elderly, and working with needy families.
• BA, Social Work, Minor in Applied Gerontology, California State University, Los Angeles
• Associate Teacher and Early Childhood Education Angeles Certification
Ms. Janet Diaz, Panther Care Staff
Ms. Alex Ramos, Panther Care Staff