Ms. Lizette Diaz
Ms. Diaz is a native of San Juan, Puerto Rico and her first language is Spanish. She has 29 years of teaching experience and she has worked in a variety of educational settings from Head Start to 5th grade in the public school system. She taught Spanish in Puerto Rico, Maryland, Texas and most recently, 10 years in Colorado. In her free time, she loves traveling, cooking and salsa dancing. She is very excited to be a teacher at All Souls this year!
• B.A., Elementary Education, University of Puerto Rico
• Puerto Rico Life Certificate Elementary School Teacher K-6
• Colorado Professional Elementary Teacher License K-6
• California Preliminary Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
Mrs. Mirella Gosch
TK/K Spanish Instructional Aide
Mrs. Gosch was born and raised in Guatemala, Central America and migrated to Los Angeles in 1988. Mrs Gosch raised three children in the Catholic education system and is a true believer in a faith based education. Mrs. Gosch joins All Souls after working 12 years as a PK-PS teacher assistant and teacher at St. John of God in Norwalk.
• AA Degree in Early Childhood Education
• Early Childhood Advisory Board member of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles
• Master Catechist
Mrs. Xochitl Gutierrez
Gutierrez was born in Aguascalientes, Mexico. She served as the Assistant Superintendent in Mexico for 10 years. In her years of experience, Mrs. Gutierrez has taught Pre-K through 8th grades. She was part of the Math team in Education Reform in Mexico and collaborated in the statewide reading program “Biblos” team. She immigrated to the United States four years ago and attended Pasadena City College ESL courses for two years. Outside of work, she and her husband like to spend time with their two puppies Dulce and Mia.
• M.Ed., Arts, Autonomus University of Aguascalientes
• B.A., Elementary Education, Justo Sierra Mendez Rural Teacher’s College
Mrs. Ligia Muñoz
Mrs. Muñoz joins us from St. Therese School in Alhambra where she taught 5th grade and Spanish to the upper grades. Having attended Catholic School for 12 years, she is an advocate of Catholic school education and the traditions and values passed to the students and their families. She was born and raised in Los Angeles and has trained in a variety of Latin styles of dance since the age of eight.
• M.A., Computer Education and Technology Leadership, California State University, Los Angeles
• B. A., Urban Learning, Minor in Education, California State University, Los Angeles
• Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
• Supplementary Credential: Computer Concepts and Applications
Ms. Melissa Rivas
Ms. Rivas was born and raised in Los Angeles. Growing up, she attended both public and Catholic schools, and really values a Catholic education. Her experience in education includes volunteering as a tutor at her local library, and teaching English to a group of Chinese students during a summer program in Jinhua, Zhejiang, China. She is also a recent AmeriCorps graduate of City Year Los Angeles, where she tutored and mentored elementary students in South Los Angeles. She is on her second year at Mount Saint Mary's University pursuing her M.S. in Education.
• B.A., Liberal Studies