Ms. Mo Yang
Ms. Yang was born and raised in Harbin, China - also known as the Ice City. She has been
working with children for the past four years. Ms. Yang received her electrical engineering
degree from Harbin University of Science and Technology in China. Her academic background
includes teaching engineering courses using English as the language of instruction at the university
level. Ms. Yang has also worked as a Mandarin teacher for three consecutive years at the
Pasadena Educational Foundation. She is currently pursuing her California Teaching Credential
and she is excited to be teaching Mandarin at All Souls World Language Catholic School.
• M.S., Electrical Engineering, Harbin University of Science and Technology, China
• B.S., Electrical Engineering, Harbin University of Science and Technology, China
• 24 Child Development units.
Ms. Mandy Chou
1st-2nd Grade Mandarin
Ms. Chou was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. She is an avid language learner and has studied English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Sanskrit, and Tibetan. Ms. Chou has over 10 years teaching experience. She has worked as a Mandarin language teacher at heritage Chinese schools around Southern California and as a Chinese calligraphy teacher. Prior to coming to All Souls, she spent three years as the Mandarin teacher at an elementary school in Palos Verdes and three years also teaching Mandarin at a language institute.
• M.Ed., Bilingual Education, Loyola Marymount University
• M.A., Asian Studies, California State University, Long Beach
• B.A., Asian Studies, California State University, Long Beach
• TESL certification, Elementary Education, Bilingual Education
Ms. Mingrui Kong
Ms. Kong is originally from the northeast of China – Dalian, a beautiful ocean city. She has been working with children for the past five years. She worked at an elementary school in China for three years and she spent two years teaching at an international school in Indonesia. She loves teaching, traveling, and getting to know different cultures and customs. She is excited to start her second year at All Souls!
• M.A., Chinese as a Second Language, Liaoning University, China
• B.A., Elementary Education; BoHai University, China
• K12 Teaching Certificate (Mandarin Subject), Minnesota
Mr. Leo Feng
Mr. Leo Feng was born and raised in Taiwan. He was a journalist, an anchor, and a TV program producer in Taiwan for many years. Based on his experience, he is outstanding in writing and speaking Mandarin! When Mr. Feng was earning his first M.A. at New York University, he taught at Shuang Wen School, a bilingual elementary and middle school in Manhattan's Chinatown. He has also won a lot of prizes in Chinese calligraphy. He is a father of two gifted and talented children. Mr. Feng is currently pursuing his second M.A. at Loyola Marymount University in Teaching, with an emphasis in Chinese Bilingual Education. He is a lifelong learner and he is excited to pursue another degree and a California Teaching Credential.
• M.A., Publishing, New York University
• B.A., Journalism, Shih Hsin University, Taiwan