Mrs. Vivi Chao
Mrs. Chao was born and raised in Taiwan. She loves learning languages and she loves teaching! Before coming to All Souls, she taught elementary school students in Taiwan for 14 years. She has also taught English as a second language and she knows a great deal about bilingual teaching methods. She is currently pursuing her PhD in Cultural Studies at Claremont Graduate University.
• Doctoral Candidate, Cultural Studies, Claremont Graduate University
• M.A. Translation and Interpretation Studies, Fu-Jen Catholic University
• B.A. English/ Japanese Culture and Literature, Soochow University
• Multiple Subject Teaching Credential, Taiwan
Ms. Mandy Chou
1st-2nd Grade Mandarin
Ms. Chou was born and raised in Taipei, Taiwan. She is an avid language learner and has studied English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Sanskrit, and Tibetan. Ms. Chou has over 10 years teaching experience. She has worked as a Mandarin language teacher at heritage Chinese schools around Southern California and as a Chinese calligraphy teacher. Prior to coming to All Souls, she spent three years as the Mandarin teacher at an elementary school in Palos Verdes and three years also teaching Mandarin at a language institute.
• M.Ed., Bilingual Education, Loyola Marymount University
• M.A., Asian Studies, California State University, Long Beach
• B.A., Asian Studies, California State University, Long Beach
• TESL certification, Elementary Education, Bilingual Education
Ms. Mingrui Kong
Ms. Kong is originally from the northeast of China – Dalian, a beautiful ocean city. She has been working with children for the past five years. She worked at an elementary school in China for three years and she spent two years teaching at an international school in Indonesia. She loves teaching, traveling, and getting to know different cultures and customs. She is excited to start her new year at All Souls!
• M.A., Chinese as a Second Language, Liaoning University, China
• B.A., Elementary Education; BoHai University, China
• K12 Teaching Certificate (Mandarin Subject), Minnesota