Mrs. Elizabeth Almquist
Mrs. Almquist was born and raised in the City of Alhambra and is a long time parishioner of All Souls Church. She has been teaching for 10 years. Of those 10 years, she taught Kindergarten for six years within the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and for four year, she was the lead teacher for a Kindergarten/First Grade multi-age class at a charter school in northern California. Prior to teaching, she worked for La Opinion Newspaper as a graphic designer.
• B.S. Computer Graphics, Woodbury University
• Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
Ms. Elizabeth Bragagnini
3rd-4th Grade English
Ms. Bragagnini has been an educator for over 20 years. Her teaching career has been in Catholic and private schools, and her experience ranges from preschool-age, to elementary grades (K-5), and High School Spanish Language (I,II,III, and AP). She has published Spanish I Curriculum for National Network of Digital Schools. She is very passionate about education and student learning. She believes that all students are capable of becoming lifelong learners. As an active member of her parish community, she is a Lector and Eucharistic Minister. She is also a wife and mother to three amazing sons.
• M.Ed. Curriculum and Instruction, Concordia University
• B.A. History, Cal State University, Los Angeles
• Minor Child Development Studies/Administration & Supervision of Early Childhood Centers, UCLA
Ms. Miriam Franco
1st Grade English / 1st Grade Spanish
Ms. Franco was born and raised in Inglewood, Ca. She attended Catholic schools since sixth grade and is glad to be able to give back to Catholic education. Her Jesuit education has instilled in her a passion for social justice issues as well as a desire to find God in all things. Ms. Franco believes that an equitable and love-filled education is the best tool you can give to a child. Her past few years as a teacher were spent in a Kindergarten classroom in a Catholic elementary school in south Los Angeles and a first grade classroom in Venice. She is very proud of her Mexican heritage and loves to share her language and traditions with her students. When Ms. Franco is not teaching, you can find her catching up with family and friends, listening to mariachi music, enjoying a delicious bowl of ramen, or planning her next trip!
• M.A. Reading Instruction – Loyola Marymount University
• CA Multiple Subject Teaching Credential
• B.A. Liberal Studies and Spanish – Loyola Marymount University
• B.S. Speech-Language Pathology – California State University, Los Angeles
Ms. Marcelina "Marcy" GutieRuiz
Ms. GutieRuiz was born and raised in East Los Angeles. She comes with a strong background in education and family. She often says her greatest accomplishment is raising her five children strongly rooted in education. Prior to coming to All Souls she volunteered and worked at the Anna Bing Arnold Children’s Center, a laboratory school at Cal State, Los Angeles.
• M.A. Early Childhood Education, Cal State University, Los Angeles
• B.A. Child and Family Studies, Cal State University, Los Angeles
Mrs. Cynthia Lam
5th-6th Grade English
Mrs. Lam, formerly an interior design professional, has been in the education field for over 10 years. She has taught grades PK-5 in private, public and charter schools. Her volunteer experience through Habitat for Humanity eventually led her to pursue a career in education. She loves the outdoors and discovering new trails with her family and friends.
• M. Ed. Educational Administration, Pepperdine University
• B.A. Art/Interior Architecture, California State Northridge
• Post-graduate Certification, Education, University of Phoenix
• Cleared Multiple Subject Credential, California
Mrs. Catherine Moulding
1st-2nd Grade English
Since moving to the Pasadena area, Mrs. Moulding has been searching for a proper niche to pursue her passion for teaching and utilize teaching skills that she developed over the past 18 years, as a teacher in Arlington, TX. She and her husband Chris live in Pasadena, and enjoy spending time with their four adult daughters who live in various parts of the United States. Mrs. Moulding also tutors students in the Pasadena area.
• M.Ed., Reading, Texas Woman’s University
• B.A., English, University of Texas at Arlington
• English, Multiple-Subject, ESL Teaching Credential, Professional Clear